Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Change

There is bound to be change in our lives, and of course we all like the "good" change, but sometimes we must accept the bad and remember that in the end we will have grown stronger. Madison's Neurosurgery appointment that was scheduled for today has been changed to May 27. This change is not good for my nerves, but there is a reason for everything. Dr. Mancuso had to squeeze in a surgery for a little boy or girl that needed her. Needed her to help heal them and if that means changing Madison's appointment that of course is what we would want.

Good things are happening around here!!! It is with much thought, prayer and consideration that we have decided to get a second opinion for Madison. We absolutely, 100% trust Dr. Mancuso's opinion, but for the justice of our daughter we want to be certain that the decision we have to make is correct. After alot of research on my part we have decided to try and go see Dr. Ben Carson at Johns Hopkins. I say try because we are still trying to work out the fine print. Insurance, getting copies of records etc....

At a young age my aunt gave me a copy of the book, Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story. An inner-city kid that struggled with anger amongst many other challenges and rose to be the youngest ever Director of a medical department at Johns Hopkins. At age 33, Dr. Ben Carson became the Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery. I was so drawn to this book but didn't know why. I didn't want to be a Neurosurgeon. Sure I love medical stuff, and will one day be a nurse, but not a Neurosurgeon. So why did I feel such a connection at the young age of 13? Somethings we never know, but now; almost 20 years later, I know why God put that on my heart. He knew one day I might need Dr. Ben Carson. Even if it doesn't work out that we get to see him personally, I know we will be guided in the right direction and it will be God's will.

Please pray that this process goes smoothly for us. I will be doing alot of running around getting medical records etc. Also, if this gets approved that means that we will have to travel to Maryland. The travel is not something that Tricare will pay for so we might being eating Ramen Noodles for a bit!! All kidding aside; I know.....God will provide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment